Central, HK dentist describes the social and health benefits of cosmetic dental treatments
Patients unhappy with the appearance of their smile are urged to work with a dentist they know and trust in the Central, HK area to evaluate their smile and decide if cosmetic dental treatments are appropriate for achieving the results they desire. Dr. Titania Tong is pleased to offer a variety of aesthetic treatments used for smile enhancement. Not only are their social and self-esteem benefits to having this work done, but there are also health benefits as well. Our team can educate patients on the many social and health benefits of cosmetic dental treatments.
Advantages of improving the smile with cosmetic dentistry
- A more beautiful smile – the primary reason patients turn to cosmetic dentistry is to address the appearance of their smiles. This can be achieved in many ways, and by combining services for a complete transformation. From simple professional teeth whitening to full mouth restoration, cosmetic treatment can improve the aesthetics of a patient’s smile in either a subtle or dramatic way.
- Long-lasting improvements – many cosmetic dentistry procedures, including the placement of porcelain restorations such as veneers or dental crowns, are long-lasting. With proper care, including brushing and routine dental evaluations, many patients can enjoy these cosmetic restorations for ten years or longer. In fact, dental implants are known for lasting a lifetime when cared for by patients as advised.
- Turning back the hands of time – teeth that have become dull or discolored may make a smile look older than it is. With rejuvenating cosmetic dentistry treatments, patients can restore their smile to its original luster. This can give patients the appearance of being younger.
- More smiling – patients who have lived with imperfections of their smile for many years may have become used to avoiding smiling at others or covering their mouth when speaking. When the smile is enhanced, many otherwise shy patients may start to come out of their shells. They will smile more and laugh without worrying how their teeth look to others.
- Improved self-esteem – with an improved smile comes improved self-esteem. Patients who have had cosmetic dental work done to address imperfections are often excited to share their smiles with others. They may feel more confident in how they look, which can transcend across many areas of their lives, including business and personal relationships.
- Reduced pain – patients with malocclusion, or misaligned teeth, may deal with discomfort caused by their condition. In many cases, this poor alignment can result in jaw aches or even migraines. By undergoing orthodontic treatment to realign the smile, patients will notice a decrease in pain throughout the jaw and head.
- Improved dental health – when patients have beautiful smiles, they will work harder to maintain them. With cosmetic dentistry, patients may have a newfound respect for their smiles. They often do everything they can to keep their smiles looking great. Brushing and flossing after every meal is encouraged, and patients should be visiting the dentist twice a year for evaluations. Additionally, when the teeth are straight and overcrowding is addressed, most patients have reduced their likelihood of developing periodontal disease. Crowded or misaligned teeth can make it harder to brush and floss properly and can contribute to the development of periodontal disease.
- Affordability – while some patients may believe that cosmetic dentistry is only for the Hollywood elite, many find that this isn’t true. Cosmetic dentistry has become more affordable than ever, allowing every patient the opportunity to take control of their smile’s appearance and address common flaws.
Start speaking with a professional about your cosmetic dental needsDr. Titania Tong is proud to offer patients in and around the area of Central, HK solutions that can improve the appearance and overall health of their smiles. If you have considered the benefits of undergoing cosmetic treatments, she welcomes you to contact her practice to learn more. Her practice is conveniently located at 13B Oriental Crystal Commercial Building, 46 Lyndhurst Terrace.
Back to Dr. Titania Tong's Profile